Top 5 Books of 2009
This year has brought quite a few great books into my hands and I’d like to share my top five favorite books of the year. Give them a read in 2010!
5. Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick – Catherine answers Ralph’s ad for a wife and travels to rural Wisconsin to marry him, but no one turns out to be who they seem.
4. The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood – Ren and Toby are both struggling to survive in a world that has encountered a “waterless flood.”
3. Sag Harbor by Colson Whitehead – Benji deals with typical teenage self consciousness, drama and awkwardness at Sag Harbor the summer he is 15.
2. The Anthologist by Nicholson Baker – Paul Chowder is a struggling poet who has a serious case of writer’s block, a girlfriend who has just left him and a habit for unfortunate accidents.
1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett – The very touching story of the African American maids working in the homes of white women in the south in the 1960’s.